Good day Nuffnangers!
#GivingTuesdaySG is a campaign to create a national day of giving at the start of the annual year-end holiday season. It celebrates and encourages charitable activities that support nonprofit organizations. Find out more here: http://www.givingtuesday.sg.
Decide to give, today! Get everyone around you to be involved in giving in any way, from raising awareness to joining an initiative or even starting an initiative yourself. Join us and be part of this meaningful movement by dedicating a day of giving on December 3 2013 - together we can thrive for a truly Giving Nation.
It has been quite some time since the last Nuffnang Lovin’ event but we think this is definitely worth the wait. For the month of November and December, Nuffnang Lovin’ will be bringing you Christmas-themed events to prepare you for the upcoming festive season!
Part 1 of Nuffnang Lovin’ x Christmas Countdown brings you a Be-dazzled make up workshop conducted by the professional make up artists of ProAcademy, at one of the newest shopping destination, Chic Kiss Love. Get ready to enter the Christmas season with a lot (we mean A LOT) of glitter, and dazzle your friends and family at gatherings!
Date: 29th November, Friday
Time: 6.30PM – 8.00PM
Venue: Chic Kiss Love (2 Kallang Avenue, #01-26/27, CT Hub, Singapore 339407)
If you are interested in attending Nuffnang Lovin’ x Christmas Countdown Part 1, fill in your details below by 12 noon, 28th November 2013, Thursday.
Do note that as there are limited spaces available, bloggers will be selected at random and only selected bloggers will be notified. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of community events coming up so stay tuned!
If you would not be free to attend this session of Nuffnang Lovin’ but would like to be updated with future activities, do let us know by indicating your interest in being a part of Glitterati Plus by checking the “I want to be a part of Glitterati Plus!” box below as well!
Category : Uncategorized
It’s been two weeks since the Haiyan Typhoon barrelled into the Philippines on the 8th of November but the search for bodies continues. This monster typhoon has injured over 20,000 people and over 1,600 people were reported missing up to date. More than 800, 000 people had been asked to leave their homes – that do not exist anymore as a result to the catastrophic disaster. The death toll has spiked to 5,235 and the list just keeps getting longer. We are really fortunate people with food to keep us full and shelter over our heads.
Our hearts go out all the victims and their families and we hope that you guys will join us and help those in need. Nuffnang will be running a regional donation drive to raise funds for the Typhoon relief work in Philippines from the 25th November to 22nd December. During the whole month, we urgently appeal you guys to contribute to this emergency, life-saving effort.
From now till 22 December 2013, you can do your part and contribute to our fund #NNforPH in just a few simple steps, by donating either a portion of your Nuffnang earning, or via Paypal!
1. Head over to your Nuffnang dashboard.
2. Choose the denomination you would like to donate for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan. The options are: $5, $10, $25 and $50. Kindly be reminded to tick the box if you would like to donate anonymously. (We will be featuring the names of all the donors at the end of this campaign, in recognition of your generosity).
3. You will receive a confirmation email.
4. The amount of your donation will then be deducted from your current earnings.
The collection period for this donation drive is from the 25th of November to the 22nd of December 2013, after which we will donate the total amount raised to Red Cross Philippines. So guys, with just $5 , you could be saving a life or helping out a needy family. We urgently appeal for your help so that we can respond to the needs of the victims and their families most affected by this calamity.
Be a part of this good cause and join our effort of relief for the victims of the Typhoon Haiyan. We thank you guys in advance for your generosity!
Have a great week ahead!!!
We hear the holiday bells a-ringing and it seems like there is no way to avoid being bitten by the travel bug! This month, we have rounded up some interesting travel-related blog posts to kick start this holiday season!
1) We all know that a pleasant flight is an integral part of all travels, after all, it is how you start and end your trip. One of our bloggers, Meiting, has shared about her journey as a flight attendant and provided interesting insights into what seems like one of the best jobs in the world.
2) “Glamorous luxury is not really what Bangkok is about, good food and cheap buys = where the money at.” quips Jessica, better known as Shiberty online. Check out the gorgeous hotel she stayed at during her recent travel to Bangkok!
3) If you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, maybe a beach vacation is something you can consider!
4) For the parents, why not consider (re)discovering somewhere nearer to you with the children? Read about a family trip to Cameron Highlands from Mommy blogger, PruneNuture. We know it must have been lots of fun if there are a grand total of not just the normal 2 or 3, but 8 blog posts!
5) Most of us have been terrible tourists at certain points of our lives but we may not have realised it. What makes a terrible tourist and what can we do to avoid being one? We came across an interesting article from a frequent traveller, providing us some tips on how to be gracious travellers. If you have any more to add to the list, share it with us by leaving a comment in this post!
Do you have other suggestions on where to head to this holiday season? Share it with us by leaving a comment in this post!
Nuffnang Reads is our monthly round-up of interesting blog posts that we think you may enjoy or even learn a thing or two from! If you have recently come across or written an interesting blog post you think we just cannot miss reading, leave us a comment here and we will get working on getting the word out!