Nuffnang is celebrating our 8th birthday and to start the ball rolling here are 8 fun facts about our company:
- Nuffies refer to the staff working behind the scenes, while Nuffnangers refer to our bloggers. Don’t mix them up!
- Nuffnang is actually a Jaifakan word that means ‘Real Good or Real Cool’
- Nuffnang.my was our first website launched on 27th February 2007.
- The launch time was 2.30 a.m because a fortune teller had told Ming that it was the ‘most prosperous’ time to launch Nuffnang.
- Our first birthday bash was known as the Pajama Party.
- Nuffnang has been recognized in Singapore’s Book of Records as ‘Singapore’s First Blog Advertising Community.’
- Timothy and Ming first met across a Pussycat Dolls concert.
- When Nuffnang first started, our founders did not even know what an insertion order was. (An Insertion order is a essentially a document that specifics the dates and scope of a media buy, used in print, online and broadcast media.)
(Here’s a heads up: If you are interested in finding out more about our very cool backstory, drop by our official dayre account to find out more for yourself!)
While it has been fun planning for a party, we could not have pulled this off without the generous help and support of our partners:
Official Venue Partner:
Da Paolo Bistro Bar at Rochester
Escape the hustle and bustle and enjoy alfresco dining at Da Paolo Bistro Bar located at Rochester Road. The stylishly laid back environment and exceptional cuisine makes this an excellent choice for events and celebrations.
Official Photobooth Partner:
Hello Stranger Photobooth
(By Hello Stranger Photobooth)
Touted as one of the best photobooth in Singapore, Hello Stranger uses only the best professional studio lighting and camera systems available. Photos in a flash, instant prints in a flash – Hello Stranger preserves the moments in history for you.
Official Cake Partner:
Butter Studios is a Halal Certified bakery that currently has 3 outlets island-wide. From local classic delights such as salted Gula Melaka cupcakes to the usual fan favourites of red velvet cakes, Butter Studios boasts of bakery goodness that is bound to satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
Official Event Stylists:
Just look at the beautiful set up and decoration done up by Assemble Happinest! Assemble Happinest decorates the venue with lush and fresh flowers according to theme, providing the perfect backdrop to kickstart your special day.
Whether is it planning for wedding, events or parties, you are in safe hands with Give Fun. Providing creative and fun decorations for all types of special occasions with a diverse product range, Give Fun was set up with the humble aim of ‘giving fun to the people’.
Official Fringe Activity Partner:
Soap Factory is all about fun-loving soaps, lip balms, body lotions and organic liquid soap making lessons. Besides learning how to custom make your own soaps with a variety of designs to choose from, gentle ingredients such as natural shea butter, goat milk and aloe vera soap bases are also used for the skin.
Lucky Draw Partners:
Exclusive 8 Essentials Partners:
This year, the Nuffnang team has put together an exclusive box of 8 essentials; daily necessities for every blogger in their blogging journey. Ranging from eye masks to electronic toothbrushes, it’s the box that covers each and every need, and this was only made possible by the help rendered to us by our lavish sponsors.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto
With the official birthday bash happening less than a week from now, the party gears have already been set in place and we are ready to conquer the weekend!
Are you excited yet?